Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meyer lemon tree help

Posted by Brown-Thumb13 none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 9:17

IM hoping someone can help me with my Meyer lemon tree, its about 1.5 years old, I keep it indoors by the window. The lower half of the tree has lost all its leaves and some of the small branches are dead. Now the upper half has leaves and I have about 3 lemons growing.

What is the problem with my tree?
Is there anything I can do about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meyer lemon tree help

You don't say where exactly you are and what your climate is but a Meyer Lemon would be much happier outdoors for as much of the year as possible. Other than that I can only suggest you take some pictures and show us what the problem looks like. There may be a watering problem, a nutritional problem or a pest problem. Lemons are martyrs to scale indoors. Or alternatively post over on the Citrus Forum.

I had a Meyer for over 15 years in a large pot. It spent March to October outdoors. It was watered and fed with a citrus feed and repotted about three times in that period. It always perked up no end when it was put outside in the Spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here