Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bellacoco_gw

Mass cane help

bellacoco
9 years ago

Hello,
I have read a lot of posts on here about mass canes leaves turning yellow but I can't find anything that describes what is happening to mine.
On the tall cane, there are 2 shoots at the top. A few weeks ago one of the shoots started turning yellow leaf by leaf and within a few days every leaf on the shoot was yellow. When I felt the tip of the shoot where it connects to the cane it felt soft. I ended up cutting it off. That was about a week ago. Now I wake up this morning and the same thing is starting to happen to the second shoot. Does anyone know what this can be?
I have had this plant for over a year. Last summer I had it outside all summer and it did great. It doesn't get too much direct sun where I have it outside. I put it outside again this summer. I don't water it very often... Never have. Maybe once every 2 weeks. When the first shoot started to yellow I watered it thinking maybe that was the problem but it didn't help. I have now had it inside for a week. Does anyone know what this could be and what I can do to save my plant? I have attached a picture as well.
Thanks for your help

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz