Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Hey Asleep.

What size are leaves? Length and width...

Gotta love Anthuriums, but some types are fussy.
    Anthurium has nearly 1000 species, lol.

It's possible your Anthurium is andraeanum..
    Red flowering andraeanum's are called Flamingo Flowers, but I'm unsure if white and purple flowers have the same common name.

Hope this nursery can be named.
    Eldon Tropicals. Click on Anthuriums. Even if you can't find your Ant, the nusery has beautiful plants.

Your little tropical garden looks nice. Love different varieties. :) Toni

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Toni!

I was kinda thinking andraeanum as well but the white flowers threw me.

Thanks for the kind words!

The pic is one of many I posted on the "Your summer display of plants outside" thread,but I figured it would be useful here to narrow things down. Pretty sure I've got care figured out...just the novelty of the name is fun sometimes. If we can't figure it out it won't be the end of the world. :)

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Howdy,

Andraeanums have at the minimum, three color flowers. Pink, white, and the newer purple.
    New as in the last 10-yrs.

When you have a chance, Google A. andraeanums pictures.

There are SO many beautiful Anthuriums...the problem here is lack of humidity.

I have A. watermaliense..Thankfully, watermaliense doesn't need as much humidity and does well on the floor under a north window. But, it is misted daily and sitting on pebbles. Slow-grower though.

My other Anthuriums will win NO awards, lol. They're definately not picture-worthy.

Hope you get an ID.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Been looking through image searches and I completely agree Toni! The more I see the more I want and I just got back from a watermaliense search and that leaf is to die for! You lucky girl you!

Oh and I could care less if your anthuriums are award winning or not...I would LOVE to see them!

In fact I encourage anyone with anth pics to share if they want. Pics are sweet! :)

• Calvin Ragoonanan
    10 years ago

It's either an andraenum or andreacola hybrid. Judging by its leaves it looks more like an adreacola. The andreacolas are more compact, disease resistant and floriferous. There are so many similar looking cultivars that it would be difficult to get an exact ID.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anthurium

• Calvin Ragoonanan
    10 years ago

Click on the link below to see my NOID pink anthurium andreacola. I have five other named anthurium cultivars including Okapi, Orange Glow, Sensa, Vitalis and White Heart. Most are sold unlabelled here and I only purchase ones with cultivar names. This severely limits my choices, hence why I haven't acquired any red coloured ones as yet. Red is the most common and popular anthurium colour. I will blog about my other anthuriums in the future.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trini Garden

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Triniguy! :)

Edited for one more look at a leaf. :)

This post was edited by asleep_in_the_garden on Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 4:15