Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Norfolk Pine

Posted by Will07 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 13:13

Just thought I'd share my NP after a fresh repot this afternoon. Some how it fell over a couple days ago and the old pot smashed. i forgot about it for a couple of days and remembered while i was out so i was able to get a new pot. He's not lookin too good since he got sun burned last fall. Very little new growth this year, probably about less than an inch.

Last summer it was very lush and green and grew a whole new set of branches. I kept it in the same location this summer as last. In the winter it goes into the bathroom and gets good light but not direct sun. I think the humidity of the bathroom is what keeps it alive during the winter.

Just bothers me that I allowed it to burn that one time and I'm still paying for that mistake!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Norfolk Pine

Oh, so sorry! I burned several plants this summer trying to move them in/out of rain. One is a little palm that will take years to outgrow. Can you knock/rub the brown needles off? That's a cute little tree!

o
RE: Norfolk Pine

I've done all I can for him. Those yellow needles won't come off and I'm not pulling them off. I took the hose to it, put my thumb over the opening and just sprayed the foliage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here