Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Just droppin in~~

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi all! Just dropping in to say hi. I hope everyone is doing good and your plants are the same.

Mine are doing real nice. The 'Brazil' I put in a water container is doing fine~~ now, lol. I put them in a shallow bowl for now and they seem to be doing well in it. I think the stems are too short, but if I cut anymore leaves off, I won't have a plant! oh well, lesson learned. Only had a few that didn't want to stay with me.

All my babies seem to be growing and loving this cool air. Mild 75F right now. All except for my Thanksgiving Cacti. Still not sure what is going on with them, but they aren't dying so I am going to give them more time. (they are just sitting there~ doing nothing!) But it's all good. I still have hope for them.

Anyway, like I said, just dropping in to say Hi and hope everyone is doing well.. :)

Marjie~ still lurking.. hehe

Comments (6)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Hey, good stuff, good to hear. My TG is not doing much either. I decided to hang it from a tree branch and see if the dappled light instead of just a blast in the morning makes a difference.

So glad to hear about that pretty Philo, Brazil. Every time I see one, either I don't have the money or it looks too dead to gamble on.

As long as these rogue wind gusts (Isaac) don't blow anything around, or throw a giant pecan limb on the house, doing well here!

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Marjie,
    If it makes you feel any better, my TC cuttings and the main plant I took cuttings from didn't form any new leaves for almost six months. The cuttings took months ago and there isn't anything wrong with the main plant, just took a repot for me to get it to grow. I repotted it a couple weeks ago and it's pushed out twenty-something new leaves. Amazing. Not to imply your cuttings need a repot, just to say, patience is everything with growing plants. If you don't have it when you start, you'll soon develop it. >.Glad to see you're still "lurking."

Planto

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to both of you, gives me hope for my little TC. I found a new Second Home today!! lol. A garden shop that for this long I thought was for garden and landscape stuff only, BOY! WAS I WRONG! So I dragged my brother in there today, just for a "look~see" and I was very impressed!

The girl that was talking to me was very informative about every plant there. A man that works there caught that I have a few Hoyas and he started telling me what to do and not to before and after they bloom. (Not that I will remember it all) Hoyas are his thing~~

They said I could bring in a plant that I have questions about and they could help me, and they can even order plants that I want!

They even had ideas on how to put them up for the winter for small spaces! My poor DH, got a "Honey Do" list for him now. I was telling him all this and all he seen were dollar signs. lol. But for the plants they have, they weren't that much really. (Pay more at wally world IMO)

So yes, found a great place for new plants! lol. Actually found 3, but this is the only one we went to so far. Will have to check out the other 2 when I have money, lol.

Great day for me, Hope you are having the same.. :)
    Marjie

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Marjie,
    I'm glad you found somewhere other than Wally World. We only have two nurseries here. One has a very small (I mean a handful of plants) selection of houseplants and the other is pretty overpriced (although I will admit their quality of plants is superb compared to a BBS). It's nice to know you have someone local you can ask a question to, although GW will always still be a place to come to (just a little more instantaneous when you can go in the store and ask).

Poor hubby hehe.

Planto

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Yes, that's really cool!!!!!

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeah-- good to have some place to go, but here is my first stop. This place is about 1/2 hr drive depending on traffic and direction you head. Where I live, to get anythig nice is about an hour's drive. And w/no gas.. well it is rare I get out. My brother is my escape right now, he seems not to mind taking me places on his day off. (yes, i take advanage of it too!) lol...

Poor hubby, right. It will give him something to do! lol

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?