Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to buy houseplants?

Posted by prairiemoon2 zone 6a/MA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 31, 10 at 13:26

I have looked repeatedly at nurseries locally. Sometimes I find something I am looking for but not always. I am also concerned about bringing something home with me. I haven't had any issues with bugs or disease on any of my house plants and I would like to make sure I don't.

Also, I am an organic gardener, and I would love to buy house plants that have been grown using that approach. I've never heard of a nursery that does that.

Finally, price. Some of the prices for plants at good nurseries are very high.

I know you can't have everything, but anything you've been happy with would help too. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to buy houseplants?

That is a very good question. That is why I am looking into opening my own plant store. It is so hard to find plants and the things you need to to go with them around here were I live. I have been having the hardest time finding plant stands. I don't want to order them on line and have to wait for it. Then you have to pay for the shipping too.

o

Hi melsmile, That's interesting that you want to open a plant store. Does that mean you have a lot of house plants yourself? I haven't bought plant stands in awhile. The few I have I'm pretty sure I bought at Home Goods or Marshall's. Although not all of them. I can't remember where else I bought them.

I have ordered before from Logee's, but I'd just like another option.

o

Lowes and HD usually have an assortment of utility shelving in the organization section of the store.
They are the white or chrome metal ones, not the ugly gray for your garage. Also check the bathroom shelving area.
Think outside the box when shopping.
You can even take measurements and make them from wood.
The DIY put-together bookcases work also just take the back off and some have removable shelves for taller plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here