Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachelwl

Aralia Polyscias Fabian with Curling Leaves

rachelwl
15 years ago

Hello,

I purchased an Aralia Polyscias Fabian Cane plant that was reduced. It needs a larger pot and I have noted other discussions to not use too large of a pot. It is drying out very quickly which I believe was said to be good cause for a larger pot.

My concern is that the leaves are curling halfway taco like. I have looked at various images through google at what the majority of the leaves look like and none are curling that I have seen. The leaves are firm with good color and seem to be in good health. I am wondering if this is due to under watering which is common in plants that are reduced at a store and get less than needed attention.

Also another concern that I have is that the main part of the stem has been trimmed. This is probably a tactic used in the store to keep it a certain size for the pot and price they have given it. There are several arms coming off of the main trunk and are thriving. Also note lots of new growth. Plant is approx. 18 inches tall and still in 4 inch plastic pot from store.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. My Husband and I are anxious to see this new plant thrive.

Thanks,

Rachel

Comment (1)