Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
veriegated ginger lily

Posted by ddgg 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 14:48

They are so beautiful at our local home improvement store right now. I think my old neighbor has some that returned every year, and from investigating I see where they are used in patio containers for seasonal color. I have a need for a large house plant and this would be georgous. Wondering if I could grow it in a container in my office?
Anybody?????
Thanks.
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: veriegated ginger lily

Deb..Gingers can be grown indoors, but they're difficult.
They do best in a green house setting.

If it's inexpensive, can't hurt to try, but they need humidity, and bright light..from sun, not office lighting. Although, a sunny window and artificial light would work together.

My Gingers are outside now. Two go dormant which mean leaf drop. Do you know the Ginger Lily type?
Variegated, Alpina or Hedychium? Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here