Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silver Philodendron

Posted by alocasia_nanc 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 11 at 15:17

Got a new baby a few days ago. I have been eyeing her for awhile but kept telling myself i had no room. But after a week of walking past her at work I caved. She is listed as a Silver Philodendron. Tried to google that, did not get many results. Thinking it has to do with the common name and stores changing them to their liking. Currently got her planted in a mix of 60-perlite and 40-potting mix. when i was cleaning out her roots to pot her a vine with roots and all feel out so i stuck that one in a small pot by itself. do you think it will grow? and now for the pictures...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

THANKS!
nanc

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silver Philodendron

If it has roots I think it should grow. Very handsome specimens you got there.

That's all I got. :D

o

Look up "Scindapsus"

An aroid more closely related to Monsteria and Epipremnum then to Philodendron.

o

• Posted by squidy 7%3F not 100%25 s (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 0:49

I saw those at Home Depot! They're gorgeous, congrats.

o

Thanks guys! she is too pretty i just could not resist anymore!

and dellis326, THANK YOU!! so many results!!

o

This is Scindapsus pictus 'Argyraeus', one of my favorites.

o

Congrats! She's a beauty. I bought one of those last summer at our local nursery's Labor Day sale. It did extremely well until my parrot got loose one day and completely shredded it. I re-rooted the pieces and re-planted them, but it has not done as well since then. They do seem to be a bit more fussy than regular philos or pothos.

o

thanks onewaits. both of them are doing good. the big one has a couple leaves unrolling. still waiting on the smaller one to show signs of growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here