Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting alittle fresh air

Posted by Lamora 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 15:22

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been on much, but I have been having a hard time with anything these days but getting my knee better, but I do think of all of you often..

anyway, thought I would share some pics of my plants getting some fresh air for a while, hope the overcast stays and the sun don't come out for a while.

This is my Hindu Rope Hoya-- not sure what the white stuff is on this, it is only on these leaves and not spreading to other leaves, and it doesn't come off. Should I just cut the leaves off? or leave it as is? I doesn't seem to be bothering anything for the moment.
 photo DSC02778_zps4086fb7a.jpg

and these are my little ones-- some have new starts, some are just sitting there doing nothing. I keep thinking I am doing something wrong.. but they seem healthy so I guess I am not going to worry much--
 photo DSC02783_zpse942084e.jpg

and this is my husbands pride and joy!! (finally talked him into doing this and getting them off the cieling of the bedroom!!)
 photo DSC02781_zps1adb75b4.jpg
(and the truck and rv in the background too-- lol)

Well, I will try to get on more often, post more pictures. (I do have a lot more-- lol)

Hope to see you all soon!
Marjie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting alittle fresh air

Beautiful plants! I love the H. Hindu Rope too! I have 3 pots of it!

It is kinda hard to tell from the picture but it looks just like a leaf sunburn or damage. I've seen that on mine if part of the leaf dies. I'm sure that is why you are not having any other ill affects from it! So in this case, it is Purely cosmetic. If it bothers you then you can remove , but if not leave it. It will probably regrow a new one if you remove it but may take ... Time.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful plants :)

o

Everything looks great! That's a great collection you've assembled!

o

:) thanks~ I hope they are happy~~ just wish some would flower like they are supposed to.. I am hoping for next year for the hoyas to bloom, should be about that time for them to.. i think. (2 yrs old?)

still don't understand why my Spring Cactus never flowered this Spring. Has me stumped. oh well,, there is always next year :)

o

:) thanks~ I hope they are happy~~ just wish some would flower like they are supposed to.. I am hoping for next year for the hoyas to bloom, should be about that time for them to.. i think. (2 yrs old?)

still don't understand why my Spring Cactus never flowered this Spring. Has me stumped. oh well,, there is always next year :)

o

o

Yes I would say mine probably bloomed at 2nd year. They still do need fertilizing and They love it outside or atleast southern exposure in my opinion. You do have a beautiful collection :)

-Teisa in TN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here