Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spider Plant ID

Posted by abigail1280 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 15:46

I purchased 4 spider plants off of ebay and just got them today. It was one auction for all 4. Came with a variegated, reverse variegated, green, and Hawaiian. I bought it more for the reverse and Hawaiian because I already have the other two. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find two green spiders in the package instead of just one, but they're both very different from my green spider and I just wondered if they're a different type of green spider or something else.

This is my green spider. It's pretty young. I got a start from a friend earlier this year.
green spider plant

The two new plants that arrived today. You can see the leaves are much wider than the other.
green spider plant

green spider plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spider Plant ID

They don't look much like spider plants to me.

o

3rd one looks more like a Corn Plant (sorry, not sure of its botanical name, maybe one of the Dracenas?)

Doesn't look like a spider to me either (leaves are too wide & I don't remember that striation-type marking).

o

I'm gonna have to agree. They don't look like spiders to me either. They both kind of look like a corn plants (D. fragrans) part of the dracaena family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here