Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoppergolightly

Dying hanging plants - Lipstick, Wandering Jew

HopperGoLightly
11 years ago

I'm quite frustrated and could use some advice. I recently bought three indoor hanging baskets. One is a Wandering Jew, another is a Lipstick plant and I'm not sure what the third is. They were all healthy when they came in and now I'm losing all three.

The lipstick plant is dropping all it's leaves at an alarming rate. Some are turning black or brown and then falling off, but the majority are seemingly healthy green leaves. I have a North facing window with not a lot of light. I have removed the dead leaves and straggling branches. The soil is moist, but not overly wet. The top of the soil is covered in a what looks like a white fungus. I have recently treated all my plants with Bug Be Gone due to an infestation of gnats. I do not think this plant has been infected, yet it is dying. Any thoughts, suggestions?

The Wandering Jew is managing somewhat better in the same window, but many of the leaves are turning crispy and dying. I'm trying to mist both plants daily.

I have 9 plants right now that are not doing well and I'm very upset. I feel like I'm losing my friends! Any help is appreciated.

Comments (3)