Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mandevilla

Posted by teengardener1888 5a (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 17:29

look at my sun parasol white mandevilla. i got a great deal on it at walmart.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mandevilla

Hi...what you have there is a "dipladenia"...it is a relative to the mandevilla..they grow differently...
yours-dipladenia had small oval shiny leaves...
the mandevilla has larger long oval leaves and they are felt like to the touch....both beautiful plants...
the more you feed them in the growing season, you will have tons of flowers....google them in images and you will see the difference....beautiful plant really like the white....linda

o
RE: mandevilla

That's a great-looking vine! It used to be called Dipladenia but the name has been changed to Mandevilla. There are, according to Wiki, about 100 species of Mandevilla and the one emerald's talking about sounds awesome too! My Mom has one that makes really big raspberry-pink flowers with fairly large but very smooth leaves.

TG, from all of the plants I remember you showing us, this one will want the most sun and heat of them all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here