Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peace lily in trouble

Posted by jansy1985 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 19:25

Hi All
I bought a full peace lily plant about a month ago and it was doing well inside my home with new leaves unfolding quickly. Couple weeks ago I divided the plant and placed mother plant back in its pot with new soil in the same spot. It showed no change for a week so I thought it was happy.
Now I am starting to notice a lot of sudden yellow in leaves starting from the stem. At first I thought it was just one but next day I noticed 2 more. This seems to be spreading. New rolled leaves are there but none of them have opened since I transplanted either. Any ideas what may be causing it?

I'd appreciate any help/ideas. I feel terrible that my tampering has destroyed an otherwise healthy, happy plant :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peace lily in trouble

Overwatered maybe?

o

hmm, I haven't watered it too much since transplanting to avoid root rot. But I have been misting it a lot more. Too much misting?

o

Plants go into shock when they're divided and repotted like that. I just got one myself and I had to put it in a pot. I divided many types of plants and some go into shock after being divided. They just need some time to adjust.

o

Thanks Tamela. Shock might be it, given that nothing else really changed. I just hate to see those large green leaves lose color.

Would you have any suggestions for helping the plant settle down with more ease? I heard its not a good idea to fertilize or water the plant at normal pace until roots take hold (not sure how long to wait for this either).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here