Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enterotoxigenic00

Curly is home!

Enterotoxigenic00
11 years ago

Yes! Today I received the curly spider I ordered. It is healthy looking and was given a welcoming shower.

But...this morning at Ralphs market I found an amazingly beautiful hawaiian spider with babies/pups!!! Yow wee, it also was given the traditional welcoming shower. Both were examined with my good eyes aka reading glasses. So for now they will be secluded away from the rest of the kids.

The spider plants that I mentioned in my thank you note were the 'babies' I cut from mother plants and potted up.

The multiplication plant factor took over...you know, the more is better (sometimes). While they all summer outside room in not a problem, come winter I need to find homes or more shelving in the house. The solid green seem to be the best and fastest growers. A start was given to me by a neighbor about 12 yrs. ago and have taken over. There are also the white borders with green center and the green borders with white centers, I also found one at HD that has very short leaves (5-6"), a darker shade of green and very thin outer white borders. Of course only the 'spider' is on the label.

I was wondering if anyone has seen or know the name of a plant that looks alittle like a creeping charlie but the leaves are softer and velvety. When brushed the plant gives off a camphor/eucalyptus smell. It was given to me several years ago by a patient. Cuttings have been taken and are growing nicely. (I am not so computer literate so it is taking me some time to take pics then get them on the computer and here). If I knew how to do this easily I would post the handcrafted wood wheelbarrow for the front yard made for my birthday by our son. I have placed a large green spider in it and have taken pics.

I am now looking for a purple passion plant, I'm a bit hesitant though, the last few times I've had them they ended up with tiny inch worms. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor