Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningnewbiekc

Dracaena Massaganea (corn plant) - can I save it?

gardeningnewbiekc
12 years ago

I've had this corn plant for 10 years. It's about 5' tall, in a 16" pot, three stalks. For the first 7 or so it was quite healthy, even bloomed a few times, all three stalks with very healthy foilage. It is still sitting in exactly the same location in my house but for the last couple of years it seems to be slowly dying. I water it maybe ever 10 days to 3 weeks, soak it till the water runs out. It is very dry when I water again. I haven't fertilized with anything. Should I? I may have used miracle grow once or twice a in the early years but nothing since then. It still gets the occasional new leaves so it's still alive, but just barely. The leaves dry on the ends and then on the sides. Any ideas would be very welcome. It's the only houseplant I have that's not really thriving, but it was my first and I'm kind of fond of it. :)

I have pictures, both of it when it was healthy and now, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add them here. If someone can tell me, I'll add the pictures!

Comments (2)