Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Help Please

Posted by Zen131 7b WA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 22:39

A friend recently gave me some of her neglected plants but I'm having trouble identifying a few of them. In the first picture, I just need ID on the bottom left pot. Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Help Please

Hi Zen,
The first 3 pics look like Dracaena plants to me. The first one maybe Dracaena deremensis compacta. I don't know about the last one.

Hope that helps.

Elsie

o

Thanks Elsie. I'm wondering if maybe the tree-like one is a corn plant?

o

Zen, the bottom pic is Dracaeana compacta, 'Pineapple.' As it matures, you'll see the resemblance to a pineapple. The tree-like is Dracaena Deremensis, 'Janet Craig.'

Zen, no Corn Plants in the group. Toni

o

Thanks Toni :)

o

Zen, you're welcome.
Your friend gave you a nice plant collection.

One thing I feel I must add..lol. Although the succulent in the glass is very, very pretty, be careful when watering. Since the glass hasn't any drainage, 'succulents will rot if soil is kept constantly wet,' be certain it's completely dry before adding more water.

I apologize if you've already given this thought and have a solution. Toni

o

Thanks for the advice, Toni. I have rocks in the bottom for drainage but I think I'm going to have bf drill a hole in the bottom for me. We've been able to repurpose many containers now that we have a diamond-tip drill bit. Best purchase we've made in a long time :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here