Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me ID this plant

Posted by dilli (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 22:43

My mother-in-law gave me the following plant. Please help me id it so that I can look up the care instructions for it.

Thank you kindly.

Here is a link that might be useful: My

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me ID this plant

It looks like a Dracaena.

Elsie

o

Thank you so much, after a little digging I found that it is a dracaena marginatas. Now to get people to agree to proper care for the plant. One says one thing, another, something different. I just hope that I don't kill it and one day the leaves will again stand straight and not droop so much. Thank you again.

o

What you do is read up on what several websites say about their optimum growing conditions and ask yourself if you are providing them. Yes, there will be lots of variation, because this is a plant that will do well under a pretty wide range of conditions. If 5 people here in the GardenWeb post about the care of this plant, you are likely to get 5 different points of view.

Don't forget to consider the type of potting medium, as the health of the root system is KEY to the health of your plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here