Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower buds or new leaves?

Posted by flower.baby southern oregon (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 22:45

This is a night blooming cereus I've had since march, and I just noticed what I *think* might be tiny little flower buds!
It hasn't bloomed since I had it so I'm not sure if they are the start of new leaves or if they are buds. Anyone have a night blooming cereus and know what it is?

(I'm talking about the teeny tiny things on the front leaf, NOT the new leaf in the background upper left corner)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower buds or new leaves?

Up close:

o

By the shape of them, they look like flower buds, but I would give it more time to be certain of it.

Christopher

o

Getting a little anxious are we?lol
Not to worry, I do that ALL the time with my flowering plants. I HAVE to know if that tiny growth I can barely see is a future flower or not, and I get ecstatic when I find out it is a flower. I'd love pics when they open (if they turn out to be flowers....)

o

Morning,

Flower Baby. In pic 1, it looks like a bud but not 100% positive.
Is it flat? Toni

o

Hi gang!

If I had one,I'd be a bit anxious too. When those guys bloom they're real show-stoppers!
Mornin Toni,..
Hope you're doing well! :)

o

Looks like little buds to me!!

Congratulations.. Nice to see someone else using a magnifying glass on their plants!!! Lol...

Nice to have company!!! ;-)

Have a wonderful day!!

Laura

o

LOL! Yea I was very excited when i noticed, I try to do a weekly inspection for bugs, and when I first saw them I thought "wow it's still sending out new growth!" then I looked a little closer and they looked round and pointy like buds but I wasn't sure since I never noticed what new leaf growth looked like when it was that tiny. fingers crossed that it will flower...

Another question; I will be out of town on the weekend of the 7th, do you think they might flower while I'm gone?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here