Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

hi again!! I'm back!! :)

Lamora
10 years ago

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been on lately, was over the road with my DH for a few weeks. And then 3 wks ago, I had a total knee replacement, still recovering from that one, then when this one is done, going to get my second knee done. It already seems to be somewhat better. Hope the second one will be better too.

In the mean time, my DH is doing what he can with my plants. They came inside last night from the wind blowing so hard. DH thinks it is getting too cool at night for them anyway, the differences in temp from day to night has him a bit concerned. Tried to tell him it is when it hits the 40's that is too cool for them. But he has his ways and since I cannot do much for them right now, they are at his hands. I trust him.. even if he don't like to feed them. That's ok, I will get better and they will get fed. (he will feed them, he just doesn't like to)

Some are showing new growth pretty well, others are not growing at all. They look healthy, but no new starts. Will have to take pics and show and tell soon, so you can see what I mean.

Anyway, Just wanted to say Hi and tell you why I haven't been on lately. Seems all my time and energy is trying to get this knee better.

Hope you all are doing well and the Summer is treating you good, just think, in a few weeks we will be talking about how cold it is-- again-- lol... never satified, are we?

Marjie-- she's back!! :)

Comments (9)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Wow, no wonder you haven't been on. Did you see some cool stuff on the road? Glad to hear your knee is recovering well, what a brave thing to do! Your DH sounds so great, wonder who is more addicted (to plants,) you or him? Looking forward to some pics of your pretty plants.

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Marjie,
    Glad to see you're back, I was just thinking the other day about you (looking at my TC and wondering if your TC cuttings made it; that's been awhile ago hasn't it?). My Mother has to get one of her knees "replaced" eventually, not something to look forward to I'm sure. :\ I believe knee surgery is pretty successful and I can imagine once it completely heals, you'll be doing the salsa with your Hubby!

Planto

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi!
    purple- yes, some very cool sunrises and sunsets, have a pic of a "blood-red sunrise" somewhere here, will have to find it and show you-- it sure was purtty. When all this is said and done, we are hoping to go team driving, I need to get my class A tho, but I don't think that will be a problem.

Planto-- thanks, this was my idea to do this-- keep having to remind myself of that too-- lol. Good luck with your mom's knee, it will be worth it in the end.. This knee already feels better than it did. Will get the other one done when this is 100%.

and the TC cuttings? coming along real nice. Had a hard start, but once i just left them alone they started up. Still kinda small, but they are growing. seems like all my plants are growing, but so slow that it is hard for me to see it. Keep thinking they are all "not" growing till i see the few starts on them, so something is happening... just not fast enough for me is all... /sigh

Marjie

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh, and purple? yes, my DH is great, takes care of everything that needs to be done, asks questions and keeps asking till he understands. He is a "take charge" type of man, specially with his family. Wish my dad was more like that, he just takes things like as is and wonders why something went wrong.

And yes, he is addicted to the plants, right now a bit more than me since I am not able to care for them like they need to be, (tho he isn't listening to me with the care I give them-- lol) but hopefully it will only be a short while longer.. but he loves them, even the finiky ones... and like he said today, "I haven't killed one yet" lol.

Not sure what we will do with them if/when we go otr, but that is a ways away. We will figure that out when the time comes-- :)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

That sounds cool. I could see us doing that when my son gets out of HS. How long at a time will you be gone?

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Hi Marjie and Welcome Back.

So, you got knee replacement? When was it done?
    I need both knees done, too, but my dh and ds are lazy. They're part of the reason I fear having it done.
    Did the doc say how long you'll be off your feet? Are you allowed to walk? And how long were you in the hospital?

Bet you're glad the surgery is over.

You're very lucky your dh is helpful. Bless him.

Are you confined or can you look at your plants while your dh is watering?

As for fertilizing. You might or might not agree.

Did you consider 3-month fertilizer pellets? Not those awful sticks, but little round or oval pellets.
    It's too bad you didn't add pellets before surgery; maybe your dh can sprinkle all your plants???

I hope you're not in too much pain, and your knee heals.

Take care, Marjie, and welcome back. Hugs, Toni

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Purple, looking forward to doing this with him. great deal with no "tie-downs" and right now, well, we don't have any "real" tie-downs. Worried about being away from mom and dad, but we also need our lives.. not sure what will happen right now. Just dealing with my knee for the moment.

Toni- I emailed you.. :) I am ok, getting better and in "some" pain, but a 'good' pain, if you know what i mean.. :)

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Purple, looking forward to doing this with him. great deal with no "tie-downs" and right now, well, we don't have any "real" tie-downs. Worried about being away from mom and dad, but we also need our lives.. not sure what will happen right now. Just dealing with my knee for the moment.

Toni- I emailed you.. :) I am ok, getting better and in "some" pain, but a 'good' pain, if you know what i mean.. :)

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?