Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Fiddle Fig--Need Help!

Posted by gingersnapbk New York (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 23:28

Hi! I bought the fiddle fig tree in the attached photos about a month ago. For the first two weeks several of the leaves were falling off and I realized I wasnt watering it enough. Once I started watering it enough none of the leaves were falling off; however now the tree just looks uneven and sad :(

Do I just need to be patient and wait for the leaves to fill back in? Or do I need to be doing something else to make sure they will grow back.

Thanks for the advise!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Fiddle Fig--Need Help!

There may be more going on there than just watering issues, I see it is right in front of an air-con unit/window so may be receiving some abrupt temperature changes, which can affect the leaves.
They are fairly slow growing and tend to do so from the tip of the branches, I believe you would need to at least prune back those bare branches to encourage side buds. See if you can find any "nodes" or post pics of closer shots of the stems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here