Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me save my ivy

Posted by JustTad none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 0:10

Greetings all - I'm coming to you for help with a small/medium sized ivy houseplant. I'm afraid I don't have any more specific info on it's variety.

Until recently this ivy was beautiful and vigorously growing, but a few weeks ago we went out of town for about 10 days and came back to find it pretty severely dried out. The majority of the foliage is looking pretty done for, and now the few healthy areas are starting to turn pale and lose their green.

So... is there anything I can do to save it? Obviously we've given it water... should we cut it back? (how much?) Fertilize? other?

Thanks for any tips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me save my ivy

Is it a type of English Ivy or are you using the term 'ivy' in the generic sense to describe a vine of some sort?

It makes a difference regarding the remedies.

o
RE: Help me save my ivy

I agree and was waiting to hear what kind you have. If you are not sure, feel free to share a picture and you can get an ID and specific care instructions.

If it is a Hedera helix, it should recover just fine although it's tough to wait through the "ugly" time when the dried leaves are falling off, waiting for new leaves to grow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here