Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tima9209

Tiny Fly Monsters From Hades

tima9209
13 years ago

My house has recently been infested by tiny flies that love to tease people by flitting about their faces and performing endless stupid aerobatics in front of computer monitors. Words cannot express how much I've come to hate these little creeps. It's a good thing my lights aren't clapper-controlled, or it would look like a nightclub in here. Anyway, after several days of catching many dozens in bowls of apple cider vinegar/Dawn solution, it finally occurred to me to drape some Glad wrap over my houseplants between the base of the plants and the tops of the pots. Sure enough, the next day I observed a few flies confined by the wrap and thus identified where they're breeding, which is in a large pot holding a Chinese Evergreen. Is there anything I can do to save this plant? I'm ready to kill it with fire to destroy my tiny tormenters, but I really do like the plant and would prefer to save it. Using insect spray designed for application to plants was no help at all; I tried it three days in a row on all my plants, and I think it acted as a reproductive stimulant. Fortunately, it looks like only one plant is infested. Any ideas?

Comments (5)