Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yasha_gw

Update and Questions

yasha
9 years ago

Update and Questions

So I have an update on how my plants are doing for those of you that may like to know or those of you that like pictures.

I posted about a nice looking spider plant I got that was dieing. I had to cut all the babies and stems off. I only got 2 of the babies to grow. There still very small and have very few roots ATM. Sadly 1 of the 3 mom died but the other 2 are doing better and even growing more babies again.

{{gwi:101113}}

I also got a few green prayer plants.

And now for the questions.

With the pray plant theres a few holes in one of the leaves. I wanted to know can you cut the tips of its leaves off like you can with a lot of plants?
Also one of the prayer plants has 2 leaves with black not green on them Anyone know why that is and if it will stay that way?

YAY got pictures to work. :)

This post was edited by yasha on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 11:55

Comments (3)

• MsGreenFinger GW
    9 years ago

hi,
    congrats on the spiders!
    About Marantas, the "black on them" is just a darker green so it is good. I don't know what caused the holes but I wouldn't cut the tips off. The leaves look a bit dry on that pic. Are they potted in pebbles or is that only topping?

You need to find the right spot for a prayer plant. They don't like too much or too little light. Their colors are best when they get the ideal amount of light.

• yasha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for the reply MsGreen
    There's rocks on top and bottom. There dirt is also a little to wet atm as they were out in the rain. I must look like a crazy person when it rains as I run all my plants outside and buckets to catch the rain. Nothing but rain water for my plants now just don't know about when winter comes. :/
    Sadly before that though I left them hanging out on the porch as I didn't know they would dislike the light. Spider plants love when I let them hang out on the porch but not the prayer plants so I'll just take them out for rain as long as it stays warm. The picture was taken the night after I though they looked a little sad (folded up wrong and laying on each other in the middle of the pot) and moved them inside. We had just saw them at the store and brought them home and repotted them a few days before that. The bigger one really needed the new pot. Poor guys I didn't mean to hurt them. There inside now getting indirect sun. I'm not sure if its to little or not yet but they are closing at night and open in the morning when I wake up. I'll just have to watch how they do.
    I could give them a good misting if you think they would like it. I wasn't sure if I should do so as they just got rained on a few days ago.

• yasha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's 2 more pictures I just took. I had to move them out of the window for the pictures as the sun was messing up how my pictures turned out.

This post was edited by yasha on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 11:43