Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squamatic

Fittonia Yellow Leaves

Squamatic
9 years ago

I recently purchased a fittonia "superba" somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 weeks or so ago. In the past few days I've noticed that two leaves (on one of the three individual plants in my pot) are in the process of turning completely yellow!

The leaves look like they're almost "balding", in a way- I can see small dots of green as it recedes. The tip of one of the leaves is also starting to turn brown. All the plants in the pot are planted too deep, but this one is planted the deepest and the yellowing leaves are the lowest on that individual.

I have been careful not to over- or under-water it. The pot has drainage holes, I've been keeping the plant in a wet pebble tray, and I have fertilized the plant once with a 1/2 strength dose of basic, water-soluble houseplant fertilizer.

I've also made sure the plant is getting as much sunlight as I can give it without being in direct sunlight (its life on the windowsill stopped after week one when I noticed sunburn on a leaf).

The rest of the plant is completely healthy and has been putting out new growth. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? Would it be best if I just trim the leaves off and forget about it?

Comments (3)