Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
simplegreenguy

Old Member first time Photos.

simplegreenguy
10 years ago

Hello. I've been a member of garden web for several years. Here are some photos of our house plants. We bought them mainly for their qualitys of purifing the air, so they remain indoors all year. We live in a pre mfg home and they are known for use of lethal chemicals. Well, here are the photos. Hope you like them..

This post was edited by simplegreenguy on Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 6:17

Comments (20)

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

2nd photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

3rd photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

4th photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

5th photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another photo.

This post was edited by simplegreenguy on Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 6:14

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

7th photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

8th photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

9th photo

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

10th photo

• teisa
    10 years ago

Very pretty house plants. They are all very healthy looking!! I'm guessing both occupants enjoy plants :). Ive always wondered if a couple both liked plants, what it would look like. Now I think I've found the answer!! (houseful) lol ! Thanks for posting.

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My wife likes them maybe not as much as me, she helps keep the Horde from taking over. She likes the idea of them cleansing the air.

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Im starting a new project with Tillansdia these are two plants I have owned and neglected for over a year. They are starting to bounce back.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Great looking collection! Pic 10, your pothos has huge leaves, cool!

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Love it!
    What a happy bunch of plants! :)

Also like that coil pot in pic 11...make that yourself? It's looks like it could be a planter.

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Morning,

Green Guy, you have a very nice & healthy collection.

My goodness, I remember the shelf that held several plants in photo 7.
    Is it new or a collector's stand?

BTW, welcome back. Toni

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments . My wife and I buy and sell antiques and collectibles we bought the plant stand and vase at a flea market. The vase was made by a child im sure but I thought it would work as a funky Tilly stand. Ill be looking and reading all of your postings and photos.I really enjoy garden web just wish my typing was better should have not goofed off in typing class. I thought that was one class I would never use (boy was I wrong.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

My Mom learned to type in her late 50's, you can do it!! I downloaded an interactive teaching thing on her computer which she played with periodically for a couple weeks, and she can get along on the keyboard pretty well now. She emails her friends a lot, so must be doing it fast enough that it's not frustrating her (like a friend of mine from HS who sees me on FB and calls because she can't even respond to everything I can type. She calls, cussing me out right away, hilarious!) They also have 'talk to text' software. That might work for you (but still creeps me out, reminds me of Tommyknockers by Stephen King!)

So how long have you had that Pothos? As far as potted ones go, those are some of the biggest leaves I've seen. Has it always been dangling? It looks like the biggest leaves are near where the stem emerges from the soil?

• simplegreenguy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the typing points I will check them out. unfortunely I goofed off in ENGALISH class also and I do not know where to place punctuations. I started the pothos from a cutting aprox 2 years ago. For the most part it has been dangling. It is near a north window and seems to be doing ok.Most of my plants were either cuttings or started very small with the exception of the big peace lily which came from my father in laws funeral. The photo is a little fuzzy Ill try to post a better one

• marquest
    10 years ago

Beautiful pics. Your plants look very healthy. You are saying what I tell all my friends that do not want houseplants. They are the best air cleaner and healthy. Why they think of bugs is beyond my love of houseplant thinking..

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Morning All,

Simple Green. You found nice-looking pots at flea markets. I totally forgot they existed.

Antiques and containers can be found at garage/yard and estate sales. Reasonable prices, too.

Hey Purp. Did you know SK wrote a follow-up of The Shining called Doctor Sleep? Can't wait until it's out on paperback.
    I never read Tommyknockers.

Simple Green. Continue telling the wife how important plants are, healthwise. That's one great excuse.
    I tell my dh how plants liven up the house. :)

Hey Marquest. I guess it depends the type of bugs you mean. lol. Toni