Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calathea crocata

Posted by ricknyc 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 8:01

Hi, I live in NYC and have been looking for a store that sells this. I would order online but a quick google search has not helped. Does anyone know a retailer who carries this that would ship it to me? Thanks. Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calathea crocata

Sorry, no, I don't know of any myself. I did do a few searches to see the plant (nice blooms) & saw several cautions that this is not an easy plant to grow, tends to need a terrarium or greenhouse (from the bit I read).

You may wish to consider this, before spending money online to buy it, if & when you can find it.

o
RE: Calathea crocata

ricky, I have a friend who has grown these quite successfully with a little bit of extra care. If I am not mistaken, he brought his over from England many years ago and the progeny carry on happily.

You might try the Tropical Plants forum, right here in the GardenWeb to see if there is anyone who might be familiar with the whereabouts of this pretty plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here