Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a plant hanger- without nails or screws!

Posted by donnamp14 z5MA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 8:29

Hi! Does anyone know of a plant hanger that goes over the window and is not screwed in? I saw one a few years ago that slipped behind the molding and seemed sturdy. I have such a small space for my ivy that I thought I'd try one of these, but I can't find one. HELP! Thanks!
-Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a plant hanger- without nails or screws!

• Posted by
    plant.babies Zone 7-8
    (gw:plant.babies) on
    Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 14:09

This is a great idea! I think I'll check into that too.

you might design and make your own from supplies found at home depot/lowe's.

:)

o

I am really looking hard for a plant hanger that goes over the window and is not nailed in. It slips behind the molding. donnamp14 posted this question a few years ago. I am new here and am looking fo one also. Anyone know of a source? Thanks!

o

I just read about the need for the window casing plant hanger. I am also in need for a window casing plant hanger. Has anyone found them yet? Thank you.

o

Did anyone ever come up with a source for these? I had some many years ago and they are great, but extensive web search has come up dry.

o

I found one way to hang a plant without using screws.

Does anyone use wreath hangers, used to hang wreaths on a door/

Last year, I ran across our reindeer wreath holder. I placed it on the door..it's perfect. i have a plant on the part that holds a wreath.
In fact, I've been looking for 2 more at reasonable prices. The door is wide and long enough to hand 3 plants.

No screwing, no drilling..Toni

o

I'd like to at least see a pic of what this would look like. I can't picture it.

"Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

o

I've been looking for a hanger like you describe for months now. The wreath hook is an excellent idea, but you have to be able to find one that's 1) the right width, 2) thin and flexible enough to slip behind the moulding at the top of the window if necessary, and 3) able to support the weight of your plant and its pot, which might be heavier than a holiday wreath. So far, no luck.

o

I would just go down to my local hardware and look around at the various kinds of hook and things, When I was in college about forty years ago the dorm I was in was from the 1800's, and we weren't allowed to put anything into the lath and plaster, and no tape for posters and things either. So we had "molding hooks". Surely you can still buy such a thing? Here is a link to some. Looks like you can get them at Lowe's.

Here is a link that might be useful: Molding hooks

o

Not the best photo...it's really dark...

Christmas wreath hanger

o

Morning,

Beth..actually, the wreath hangers I've seen are pretty standard size.
Guess they'd have to be..if not, windows/doors would have to be opened a tad for the hanger to fit..which means, people in cold climates would freeze they're buns off. lol.

Purple, don't know if your 'Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat,' comment was meant for my wreath post..ROFL. lolol.. You come up with some good ones.

o

LOL TY! Just a general comment on the discussion, the idea of which seems like magic to me. I'd love to hang more plants in here. Dangling from the ceiling is all I have, except one front window that has a really wide, old-school wood casing. There's a lantern hook protruding from that window.

Thinking about getting a rolling clothes rack to wheel some outside on nice days. Staggering the heights, I think 7 would fit, maybe only 5.

o

I purchaed some years ago and haven't since been able to find them. My husband just made me one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here