Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brosenbauer

Dwarf Schefflera with leaf drop

brosenbauer
13 years ago

A friend just bought me a dwarf schefflera for a house warming gift. I have never had a bonsai before, she had said it was fairly easy to care for. I put it right by the window in my living room which never gets direct sunlight but gets a good amount of indirect sunlight every day. At first I didn't understand the proper way to water it, so the leaves were turning brown and dropping off. After doing a little research, I found out the proper way to water it, so now I run the plant (in a drainage pot) under the sink faucet for a minute or so and then let the plant sit there and drip away any extra water instead of letting it soak in the water. Recently I've noticed it still is dropping leaves, these leaves are all green. It still is producing new leaves fairly quickly, but about every 3 days or so, the older leaves drop off. The plant is only about 6" tall and is in a drainage pot, inside a decorative pot that is about 3.5" wide and 4" tall.

Please help. I don't want this plant to die, it's very pretty. I've also been misting every day, sometimes twice a day to promote aerial roots.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022