Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This NOID Callisia thing is blooming

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 10:45

This is the plant from this discussion, trying to ID it. If it is this same plant as Glasshouse Works, the flowers should be blue. But this looks white to me. These blooms are a lot like C. fragrans but MUCH smaller.

Does anyone else have this plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This NOID Callisia thing is blooming

Closer of the bloom.

o

TINY!

o

There was even a tiny bee (?) on these tiny flowers.

o

Purple...your Callisia really filled out since you posted on the other thread.

In pic 2 and 3, your plant looks succulent, very similar to a Peperomia I once had.
Pic 3 reminds me of, 'can't recall botanical name,' Cucumber Plant...another succulent.

It's a really unusual plant. I love it!

Don't know if it's the camera or lighting, but the leaves are an unusual green..I adore red/purple stems.

Flowers are so cute, and yes, look white. I'm going to check GHW's...maybe your Callisia is a different species than the plant on GHW? A keeper for sure. Toni

o

This thing is an invasive house plant like C. fragrans, it wants to get in all of the other pots. The pics are accurate, the leaves really are very light green, almost yellow, waxy. I've been wondering if that's the "right" color for them to be, but when a house plant blooms I assume it's healthy, and it looks just like the GHW plant.

I think it's the same plant as GHW, just some variation in flower color. Wish they had a pic of the "eggshell blue" flowers they saw. Maybe the flowers on mine will change as they age. I noticed some of the stems poking unusually upright the past week or so, and the flowers just the past couple days. We'll watch them together.

If you want some, email me, I have no doubt this stuff can survive a trip through the mail!!

Getting rained on today...

o

This is really a strange plant. There's got to be more out there...?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here