Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Having 2nd thoughts about ID

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 12:04

I've always assumed this was Dieffenbachia but after seeing other people's pics of Aglaonema modestum, I think that's what this plant may be. Your take?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Having 2nd thoughts about ID

Leaf.

o

Yes, I would vote for aglo.

o

Thanks for the reply. I've been calling this plant the wrong name for over 30 years. Maybe that's why it refuses to die despite my many attempts, almost all inadvertent, to kill it. It just wants the right name on its' tombstone. It's never too late to right a wrong, or at least admit one. Wouldn't be hilarious if it went and died now? I understand if it's sick of me, but daggone it, I sure would like to see one of those flowers it can supposedly make. I know they're more more exciting than a Caladium flower, but we all want a flower-capable plant to make a flower, don't we? Trying not to be noticeably nicer to it so it doesn't realize I know the truth.

o

"more more exciting" = no more exciting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here