Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed identifying a plant

Posted by masha_q1 none (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 12:12

Hi everyone!
I am an absolute beginner at taking care of house plants, so please forgive my ignorance. I bought a plant at Rona, and it did not have a tag. I love how it looks, but I have no clue about what it is and so I can't research what kind of watering/light/etc. it needs.
I looked through a bunch of sites with pictures of common indoor plants, but with no luck. Any help with identifying the plant is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed identifying a plant

Radermachera sinica aka China Doll.

o

Masha. Your plant is Radermachera or China Doll.

In summer, China Doll does best in indirect, bright light. During winter, the sunniest window will do.

In summer, when sun is high and temps warm, soil should stay moderately moist, though not muddy. Winter, soil needs to dry between waterings.
If soil dries too much, leaves wilt. Wilted foliage is a good indication your plants needs a drink.

Fertilize with an All-Purpose fertilizer, once a month during growing seasons.
Unless plant is producing leaves, there's no need to fertilize between Nov-Jan.

China Doll grows tall and wide.

During winter months it's a good idea to mist leaves. Every so often it should be showered/sprayed in the sink.

Your China Doll is nice-looking, very healthy. Pretty container, too.

Toni

o

Toni, flora_uk,
Thanks so much!!

Masha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here