Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cypss522

Beware of the Pencil Cactus

cypss522
13 years ago

If you have one of these so called cactus(really a Euphorbia) as a house plant please, please get rid of it and do use gloves then scrub your hands raw. I nearly went blind from this plant after getting the sap in my eyes. The sap is latex based and does not always come off with soap. If you have a latex allergy it is even more dangerous. If you ever handle a so called cactus and your eyes start to water and burn, flush, flush, flush the get to the ER ASAP. This house plant is still sold at garden centers, if you see one warn the owners and if they balk ask them if they have really good insurance. If you have one remember the sap is like having lye thrown in your eyes and the sap does not always wash off with soap and water.. Please heed this warning, I can't even explain the pain and then the three months worry that I may loose part of my eyesight. Just a warning for all gardeners. This plant should be outlawed. If you have one be very very careful if you handle it. I never want another person to suffer for a houseplant, its not worth it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus