Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

brown, dying leaves on Wandering Jew

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi Everyone! I hope your week is going good so far.

I was just looking at my plants, watering what needed to be and whatnot, and when I came to my Wandering Jew, a lot of leaves were browning, or already dead. I have some with browning tips too. Some of the leaves are 'soft' for lack of a better word, but only on 2 vines. I looked for a break in the stem on them and wasn't able to find any. The rest seem to be fine.

I haven't re-soiled her much. The pot I put her in was the same size and I just put in as much of the old soil in as possible. (was afraid of breaking her apart). New soil on the bottom of pot and a little on top. The soil is moist, not soggy. I don't think I am over watering or feeding, least I don't think I am. Fed 1/2 strengh only once, watered 2x now. I wait till she is almost all dry before watering.

She has been in the house for the past few days. The way my plants are hung in here, it is hard for me to get them down w/o help and DH is out of town till tomorrow. So she hasn't seen sunlight for a few days. Would that be the cause of this? Not enough light? (They are outside now, with the help of my brother. But it is coudy, no sun.) I know it needs sunlight. But the lack of it, would it cause browning? Would moving her from outside to inside and back hurt her?

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Like all my plants, I don't want to hurt her.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. I value it all...

Marjie :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource