Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

To Mike, Pictures of my Philodendron Xanadu

Mike,

Can't find other post we had. So started new one. Here's pictures of my Xanadu, Green and Golden. The Golden one doesn't have any off sets so I hope I will get one for you this spring. The Green one has many. They are small growing and very dence. The yellow one needs shade to keep from burning the new leaves. They come out almost white than yellow then turning green after several months.

{{gwi:102115}}

{{gwi:102117}}

{{gwi:102119}}

{{gwi:102120}}

Stush

Comments (8)

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Stush, my goodness, I am in love with them. Stunning and I can imagine how they can lighten a darker corner of a house! I particularly love the sounds of white turning yellow to green one or mostly yellow. I have never seen them before.

Is there anything I can do for you after all you do for me? If so, e-mail me. I would love to share something with you that you don't have, even if it has to wait until I makes cuttings in spring. I will be making cuttings of plants I received from foreign countries with certificate in the Jade department0:-

If you ever see a plant I and I can take a cutting or rooting for you, I will.

Thank you so much my friend!

Mike

• barbmock
    11 years ago

Hi Guys,

I love your Zanadu's, Stush. It's good to know they are staying smallish. My biggest problem with tropicals like philos and monsteras is they usually grow way to large to keep in the house.

Do you ever find these locally? I have looked, but haven't had any luck. Maybe it's just as well, it's a challenge to find a good spot for all I have now.
    Barb

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Stush. Beautiful Xanadus. Think the first is the prettiests but all are nice.

Barb, I've seen Xanadu sold on Ebay..Mainly green, but one seller had Gold. Don't know if they're still available though.

Xanadus don't grow as large as Philos/Monsteras. In fact, they're pretty compact, so you wouldn't have to worry about it growing wild or too big. Toni

• eahamel
    11 years ago

I've seen Xanadus at the big box stores, too; they aren't that uncommon any more. Never seen that gold one, though.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Make sure it's Xanadus and not 'Hope' which is still smaller but look alikes or the big Monsteras in a small form.
    Bmock, I got your address, I will send you a green one this spring if you want. And any one else. I think I can see at least 6 plants to make out of the big one.
    For some reason, the Gold doesn't want to pup. I could cut the top off and force the bottom to sprout back out or maybe it will die.
    Any way, i got these from Glasshouse Works on the internet.

• barbmock
    11 years ago

Stush, thanks, save me one. I must have something to trade. Next spring.
    Barb

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Stush, did you see my post above?

Thanks

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike, but no need to trade something back. I am blessed to have and enjoy to give. Some friends I have make sent me lots of plants that I know I can't repay. So I am glad to give to others what I have they want.
    Stush

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths