Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
noid fig

Posted by ttkidd Toronto ON (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 14:15

Another plant update...

Here's a noid fig cutting I purchased a couple years ago. It had a small tuft of leaves on top of a ~3' stem:

I still have no idea what species this is. I thought it was triangularis at first, but the leaves are too elongated. Here it is now. A couple years after a trunk chop down to 4" and a more recent pruning:

If you know what it is, I'd love to know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: noid fig

I'm too enthralled by your view to concentrate on the fig

o

I on the other hand actually had one of my own a long time ago. remembering it's name didn't come easy but with some digging I think I've found it.

Boxwood fig.

Ficus buxifolia. Ficus lingua.

HTH

This post was edited by asleep_in_the_garden on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 7:48

o

Interesting plant. How high up are you, if you don't mind my asking? From what I can see of your city, it's beautiful!

o

• Posted by ttkidd Toronto ON (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 16:24

Thanks everyone. I love the view too. I'm 30 floors up facing south-west over the shore of lake Ontario. Toronto gets a bad rap sometimes, especially from other Canadians, and even a lot of Torontonians, but I think it's beautiful.

asleep_in_the_garden: Thanks for the ID. The Ficus buxifolia is the closest to the leaf shape on my plant that I've seen yet.

Sorry for the late reply - I do appreciate the responses. For some reason message notifications aren't being delivered to my inbox.

o

For the life of me I couldn't remember for the longest(worst part being that a million years ago I actually had one(wondering now if I knew the name then..maybe not? lol).

Glad to be of help man! :)

o

It may be something in your settings on GW (about the email notices, assuming you've checked the box at the bottom to receive the notices.)

What does your city get a bad rap about? The gossip hasn't reached this far, all I see is a beautiful city (though probably way too cold to consider a visit most of the year. Not your fault!)

o

Yeah, I checked the box at the bottom. They might be going to my spam folder, but I haven't been able to find anything in there yet.

It's just Canadian politics really. As far as most big cities go, Toronto is clean and very safe, and there's always stuff to do. Most people who spend time getting to know the city, at least those who don't have a problem with big cities in general, find that it's a great place to live. Picture Chicago with slightly less nice parks and architecture but a lot less crime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here