Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This was living with my plant!!!

Posted by DearAmbellina 4 MN (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 14:44

I repotted my Sansevieria today because the container was bad for drainage and new growth was getting squished. To my surprise when I was digging around the bottom of the pot, I found this!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This was living with my plant!!!

A gardener's best friend :)

o

Earthworms like cool temps. Strange. Can you picture your snake plant?

o

I'd remove it from the container and send it outside where it belongs. Earthworms are fine for our outdoor garden soil, but not for the constricted houseplant container. Worms can turn a good potting mix into something muckier over a period of time.

o

I'd remove it from the container and send it outside where it belongs. Earthworms are fine for our outdoor garden soil, but not for the constricted houseplant container. Worms can turn a good potting mix into something muckier over a period of time.

o

I put it outside when I found it... I was just so surprised! The soil was moist and It was just MG, I didn't add perlite when I first potted this plant so it seems like perfect conditions for it although I don't know how it came to be in there

o

You would be surprised what can get into your pots if set right on the ground over a season...

Be glad you didn't bring in slug eggs, or did you?

Mike:0)

o

Haha, no!

The funny thing is, I bought this plant from Kmart about a month ago, and I repotted it with MG when I got home. It's sat on the same table in front of a window ever since. So that's why I'm confused by it... I don't know if it was in the roots of the Sans or in the MG. o.O

o

Sometimes over the years I have found earthworms in my plant containers, and once I found a centipede, or what to call it.

o

The worm might have been tangled up in the root system and you didn't see it, OR it had found a home in the MG potting soil bag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here