Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When houseplants are set free in the summer :)

Posted by peanut01 7VA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 3, 10 at 15:26

Here are some pics of a few of my houseplants that I allow to enjoy the summer outdoors. The summer brings out the best in some.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Posted this one before...
Photobucket

Thanks for looking,
David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When houseplants are set free in the summer :)

Thanks for sharing, David!

I set most of mine free during the Summer, too.
Some I even plant in the garden directly. Hoyas I hang in trees or under eaves.....
this is some of the best Hoya weather right now.

Josh

o

Very Nice David...love the butterfly, probably pollinated your Hoya lacunosa seed pod! Thanks for the pictures!

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 4, 10 at 13:45

Nice pics Dave - looks like you're having fun! ;o)

Food for thought: Are we really setting our houseplants free in the summer, or confining them in the winter? ;o)

I'm with you though - I keep no plant material indoors over the summer, though this weekend I'll be starting to prepare them to be brought indoors as soon as night temps start dipping too far below 55* on a regular basis.

Al

o

Loved looking at your beautiful plants. Thanks :>)

o

hi nice plants Dave...i put almost all of my 80 plants outside,except the afr.violets and the pothos,also peace lily and jewel orchid.its like re arranging furniture for the spring and fall,

o

Very Very nice Dave...

I love that butterfly, the tons of flowers on your Hoya! White I think..I have always wanted a white flowering one..And your crown of thorns is amazing..

Thank you for sharing with us..Don't miss the point about when to start bringing them in..I sure got it as much as I hate to accept it..

o

Very nice plants. Thank you for sharing.

o

Awesome Dave! Love all of them! That COT is amazing! Do you know the name?

Theresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here