Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shpgrl1001

Philodendron leaves turning dark

Daphne
9 years ago

I just purchased a hanging philodendron pot at WM on Wednesday and put it aside in the house until I could get to it this weekend. I almost immediately the next day noticed some browning of the leaves and not knowing much about philodendrons I thought maybe it was because I had it sitting next to an open window and maybe it was getting too much sun.

So I moved it closer to the interior of my living room which is more filtered light with the shades being closed most of the time.

However, I went to look at it today and it seems there are even more leaves that are darkening. And the dark parts are not dry at all, but they do seem to be thinner and more wil-ty and limpy than the green parts of the leaves. Even on the same leaf, the brown part feels more moist and the green part feels like a normal leaf.

Anyone know what this is? I watered it a little on the next day (Thursday), but not since then.

I'm going to be cutting off the browning leaves today and I'm also wanting to divide the plant to make two and was going to do that today, but just wondering if I need to care for it in a certain way first.

I'll try to attach pics below.

This post was edited by torchflower on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 16:17

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource