Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peace Lily Propagation

Posted by TheMasterGardener1 5B (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 16:45

I got this peace lily when it very small.I had it in a plastic cup for a while when I first got it. It is a small variety. I made three plants from it and wanted to show how is easy it is.

It is growing incredibly fast after getting it into bark. Here it is before seperation.

Photobucket

Remove it from the pot and seperate a few plants making sure there are roots on the plant you take.

There is the three plants with roots.
Photobucket

Here the roots of a little plant I took from it a few days ago. Look at those roots!!

Photobucket

The medium I use is the 511. I had the mother plant in a larger bark mix which was growing it great too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peace Lily Propagation

I have a small variety that is in gravel with the pot sitting in water. Having circulation around the roots is important. That's why it's good to have a very course medium for them.

o

Thanks for responding tropic. Good point on the course medium.

Is your variety look to be as small as mine is? I am wondering if I have the smallest or not.

o

Mine's the smallest variety that I've seen. I have a larger one that is about waist height, this one is a little bit more than 20 cms tall and stands in a fish pond. There's automatic sprinklers, the water runs (and pushes air) down through the medium. The plant roots run out into the water and collect whatever goodies they like. Seems to be an all round happy situation.

o

Wow! Just like they grow in the wild! :)

Very nice pic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here