Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Look At The Pretty Flowers! :)

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi everyone, hope your weekend is going well.

As some of you may know, I got a Zebra Plant a week or so ago, and was kinda concerned about the stem coming out of the baby, cuz it bend some... well she is doing great! Got some real pretty little flowers on her. Someone mentioned she didn't know it produced flowers~~ here is what they look like.. :)Not sure what will happen next, but I can't wait to find out!

{{gwi:103451}}

kinda looks like a Spider Plant flower, doesn't it~~

Yes, I'm in a good mood right now, take it while it is here.. lol

Marjie

Comments (12)

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, I meant to ask, is there a way to look up old post that we have posted? I know I asked a question, and looked it up, but can't find my old post about it.. am I missing something? or is there no easy way of finding them? I really don't want to ask the same thing again.. but I will if I have to.. and you know I will!! lol

Marjie :) (Will make notes this time)

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hi Marjie,

Yep, those are their flowers, but it's not a Zebra plant (that's something else entirely) this is a Haworthia, likely Zebrina which got you in Zebras.

The blooms won't do anything else, that's as open as they get, then after a few days they'll dry up & one can just pull the stem out in one quick yank (as I mentioned last time).

As to searching: am trying to remember, in the same location one goes to post a thread, right near there, just left or right of it, or maybe slightly above, there's a box to Search, either this Forum or all of GW, where you could repeat your question & likely it will find it.

I believe the 'Clippings' feature maybe be used for the same purpose, but I've never tried that, so don't know how it works.

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Pirate. Yes, the name you said is correct. But she is still my Zebra Plant~~ ;) I am going to have to try to be more spicific in names of plants here..

I did a search for the question I had, tried to look for my post, or any post relating to it, but I couldn't find it.. been a while. But I will look again. Just a silly question. But I didn't write down the answers in my little notebook!! I will try again. Thanks.. :)

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    11 years ago

Marji

It is a good idea to learn proper name from get go; what would you call it when you get the 'real' zebra plant, lol?

I don't know what question/answer you are looking for, but try to type in search box (for example if you were asking about soil): 'lamora soil'; or if you are looking for info about TC - type 'lamora tc'; you will get lots of results (I tested it, and got 97 & 12 respectively).

Rina

• eahamel
    11 years ago

Using the botanical names is a good idea. I have no idea what a zebra plant is, but do know hawarthias!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Hello,

Marji...when you said Zebra Plant, 'didn't see your other post,' I was looking for striped leaves and cone-shaped, yellow flowers. :)

I Googled Hawortha, common names, one site listed Haworthia's common name as Zebra Plant. Is that how you choose the name?

Many of us here use common names, but at times it becomes confusing..there might be 5 or more plants called Zebra, but the question is which Zebra does one have.

If you didn't post a picture, most here would assume you had Aphelandra/Zebra Plant..See the problem?

Like Rina said, what if you had Aphelanra/Zebra, w/striped foliage and yellow flowers?

Believe me, I don't know most botanical names/spelling, so I end up Google'ing a common name, up pops a picture with the correct botanical name/s.

Anyway, your flower from, is it Haworthia? is very pretty. Do you happen to have a pic of the entire plant?

About finding an old thread..Type your screen name in the Search Box below the first page of the forum.
    Let's say your thread was started on House Plants. Go to page 1, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll see a Seach Box.. Type your name, then check the circle that says, This Forum. Not the circle that says, Entire Site.

A good number of threads you posted, among others will pop up. Look for the thread name, click on it, and you'll find your lost thread..:) Toni

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK~OK Proper names from now on- :) This is a pic of what the flowers came from~~ My Haworthia Zebra (name on tag)So that is all I have to go by right now. I hope that is right.
    {{gwi:103452}}

And Thank You All so much for letting me know how to look up old posts!! So much more helpful, now I don't need to ask the question I had.. lol Didn't even THINK about putting in MY name in search. That little bit of info really helped.. Thanks :)

Marjie

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Ah I was thrown a bit there, as Ive had Zebra plant if that name refers to Zebrina, and I thought, that flower is not from a Zebrina. Haworthia more like ( Ive had a Haworthia truncata flower a while ago)

Lovely.

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Marjii, very pretty Haworthia. How on earth did you get it to flower?

For some reason I thought Haworthia flowers were orange, like Aloes!!!

I see your Spiders growing off to the side..They're doing great...Toni

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

It's hard to believe those flowers are coming from that plant. Wild!! Mother nature has a sense of humor. You deserved an unusual flower, happy for you!

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! :)
    Hopeful- IDK~ the stem was there when I got it and the buds were just starting out. I didn't mess with it and "walla" Pretty little flowers! lol They are still blooming! But I do think this will be the end of them when these go.

Purple- for once it was a good thing for Mother Nature to do...
    It was fun while it lasted! :)

Now, what to do with the baby.. put it with mom? or in its own pot...

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Hopeful, not all Aloes flower orange. My A.juvenna, when it gets round to it will be either red or purple.
    Be cool to see a blue aloe flower, not gonna happen tho...and I think Haworthias are mostly white. Ive had 2 Haworthias flower, both white with green/yellow veins.
    Anyone had Gasteria flower? I think they tend to be orangey pink.