Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chlorophytum cutting

Posted by asleep_in_the_garden (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 20:59

got one rooting at the moment but i'm not sure if it's even what i think it is. the babies had babies which had babies and so on in a way iv'e never seen before.

is this thing even a chlorophytum or am wrong in this assumption?

hopefully someone in here knows.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chlorophytum cutting

I've heard of this happening, though none of my spiders (who are rather old and have many babies) have ever done this, except once when I rooted a baby still attached to the mom, and then forgot to cut it off after it rooted, so i guess technically it did, but not as profusely as you describe!

I'd love to see a picture!! I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but perhaps with a picture I could :)

Best,

Willow

o
RE: chlorophytum cutting

willow-

sadly pictures aren't a possibility right now...
i've done a little bit of googling but no results as of yet.
except for what i've mentioned earlier the plant really does look like a chlorophytum so i don't know. hopefully someone here knows something...i didn't know where else to go.

also,..it might help if i state that the lighting is that of an office without windows. strictly fluorescent lighting...that is all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here