Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grrr4200

is it just me?

grrr4200
9 years ago

So living in a very northern climate winters start early and are disgusting. So when freezing temperatures finally give way and my plants can go outside I do so. They don't all go but most do...

Now... some would think 'oh I need to remember everything that goes out comes back in so don't get any more since usually space is tight anyways'...

Am I the only one who can't say no to filling the voids with new plants and then end up having to try to pull light requirements out of my backside... i.love my plants but does anyone else do this?

Comments (6)

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

meeting light requirements can be a chore for some in winter months. My place may as well be a cave. I'm supplementing all that I can with fluorescent bulbs

• christine1950
    9 years ago

I do the same thing, my cats are starting to hate me since I take up their windows for my plants. I do leave them a tiny spot and its amazing how they can get between pots and not knock them over.

• lauraeli_
    9 years ago

Guilty! But I end up giving away some plants at the end of the season usually

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    9 years ago

With a self-imposed moratorium on new purchases, it's the propagules that ALWAYS end up being my undoing. I give away hundreds of new starts every year - often a couple of dozen at a time, yet I still have to make hard choices when the plants come in.

Al

This post was edited by tapla on Sun, Oct 12, 14 at 13:37

• asleep_in_the_garden
    9 years ago

A neighbor asked me for a plant and I had an extra big pot of chlorophytum which seeing as it was going to free up a chunk of space,I was happy to oblige him. With that one exception,I refuse to accept the hard choices...which is to say "no plant left behind". :D

• grrr4200
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm glad I'm not alone!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida