Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rioseven

Peace Lily Prunning

RioSeven
9 years ago

So my peace Lily has gotten a lot of new leaves at the bottom of the plant, and the older leaves are very tall and top heavy. So the older leaves are starting to kinda bend.

Do I prune the really tall older leaves? Is that what you do with a peace Lily? Or is there something weird about mine? Maybe it is not potted deep enough so the leaves are not getting proper support. That is a possibility because I can see a bit of root when I check it for bugs. Or maybe a humidity issue?

The background info is the following...I water a couple times a week but let the leaves tell me when to water because I am afraid of root rot. I fertilize very lightly every time I water (about 1/3 strength).

It used to be a couple feet from a north window, but in preparation for winter I moved all my plants around. It is now about 3 feet away from a south window. Three feet away, and two feet to the side of the window. So no direct sun.

The potting medium is bark, MG, and perlite.

As I am typing this I am kinda thinking I should repot the plant a little deeper, and prune the older leaves. I could use a taller pot.

Comments (4)