Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potting

Posted by Gardening_Enthusiast NSW (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 6:47

Hi there, I am only minutes old into this forum being an avid but a novice gardener.

I am not sure whether this is the right place to post my question but I will take my chances.

I have 2 indoor plants both in their pots. The pots don't have their base plate but instead I have raised them on small bricks which sit on a plastic lid to collect all the water that gets drained. I was told to remove the bricks and to sit the pots on the base plates so that in very warm temperatures the excess water that gets drained will get reabsorbed by the plants. Having them raised on bricks I can see the a small puddle of water being collected on the plastic lid at the moment. Is the base plate the proper way of doing this.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potting

Yeah, that's fine. You don't want pots with soil sitting in water. It promotes rotting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here