new blog entry, Plants I once had-Schefflera

Posted by greenlarry UK 8/9 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 7:15

Read all about it...

Here is a link that might be useful: Plants I once Had-Schefflera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new blog entry, Plants I once had-Schefflera

The arboricola is from Taiwan. There's a lot of cultivars, some of which are variegated. But there are plain green ones around, I have one. They grow easily from cuttings, so you might be able to find a trade.

o

Aren't they easily available in your area? We can get them here for as little as 3-10 dollars.

o

They are available online but theres no nurseries near me, plus I lack funds and space for plants- other things come first, mainly the kids.

o

Very easy from cuttings. Mine's a variegated one from a piece I took from work. If you can find a green one somewhere, Larry, see if you can beg a bit. Homebase had them last time I was there. But I don't like actually paying for pot plants. Seems like cheating somehow to purchase a fully grown healthy plant ;-) More like decorating than gardening. Mine are all from cuttings, semi corpses from the discount shelf, pass alongs or rescues. That's the part I most enjoy.

o

Thats usually how I get my plants Flora, cuttings taken from plants, leaves picked up off the floor at Homebase and propagated at home.
But if Im out and about and I see a cool plant in a shop I go Ooh, can I get it?
I usually then get the reply Oh, go on then!

o

hmm, thats too bad, you Can get tons of 3-4" pots of em here (US) quite readily for a cpl bucks,, green, variegated,, our local Walmarts drown dozens of em regularly,,,
i keep tryin to save em hehe

hmm, Bonsai,, if i even look at arboricola roots its an Epic Fail! lol
you guys say theyre easy to propagate? might have to give it another go,,,

Larry, maybe the 'boogers' will put one on your xmas list!? :)
Cool Blog btw! ..been meaning to mention it, can we comment there too? :)

o

Greenlarry,

I just wanted to congratulate you on your Blog!!!

Been meaning to do this when you first posted about it. I looked and was very impressed.

Great job!!

I will be back to check it out!!

Take care,

Laura

o

Thanks guys . Silent, yes you can comment there, you just need to sign in with Google or open ID, whatever that is...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here