Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
house plant books

Posted by Polly381 5-6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 7:38

Can anyone suggest names of house plant books worth purchasing? I am looking to buy some. I usually just look online for the info I need, but I prefer a book as I get older.
Besides I thought it might be a good topic for beginner gardeners.
So what is your favorite houseplant book?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: house plant books

My old favourite is D G Hessayon's House Plant Expert, its a bit dog eared now, needs updating!

o

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 8:27

Just a note to check second hand stores for the books or even AMAZON. I recently bought the Houseplant Encyclopedia for 8 cents and $4 shipping. Book was in brand new condition.

The House Plant Expert is hard to find. I have found the House Plant Expert 2 on Amazon but not the first one. Let me know if you come across it, I would like to have that one.

o

I think the second one is the same as the first but with newer plants, its an improvement. If you have the second theres no point having the first really!

o

I have been looking on Amazon but wasnt sure which ones are the best. I will let you know Tiff.
thanks

o

Do you have paperback or hardcover?

o

Me? Paperback. I wasnt aware there was a hardback edition.
I had lots more plant boojs but they got left behind when i moved. I have a little Hamlyn C&S book and just scored two C&S books for free on bookmooch.

o

Yes they come in hardcover. I dont care for small paperbacks so I was wondering Is it like a magazine size or a small paperback?

o

Polly, all the DG Hessayon books are large magazine size paperbacks over here, never seen one in hardback. But yea theyre a decent size.

o

Ok thanks Larry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here