Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looky!!! New baby on my Rubber Tree!!!

Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 9:02

I was so excited I jst had to share. This stem only had 2-3 leaves since I have had it, and during my daily plant inspections looky what I found! Woo Hoo. I must be doing somewthing right by my plants, right? :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looky!!! New baby on my Rubber Tree!!!

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 9:06

yay

o

Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 9:09

The second picture

o

wow, now I have no luck with Rubber trees. Good job.

o

Hi what a cool plant...I have never seen one of those...
I will have to keep a eye out for one....
good growing....thanks for posting....linda

o

That's cool! I'm sure you're psyched.

o

Looks like it's coming from where the stem was cut off. The other cut off stem in the photo should do that as well.

o

Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 19:28

Linda. Here is a picture of the whole plant.

Tropic. There is alot of areas that I cut leaves from because I freaked it out with misting. Got some sort of infection or something on some of the leaves so I cut them. I hope I get new leaves from all the cut offs, though I am sure I am asking too much.

Purple, I am totally psyched. I look at it everyday as if it is going to grow and inch over night or something. What a goof! HA

o

"I look at it everyday as if it is going to grow and inch over night or something."

It's when you start tugging at the tips hoping that'll make them grow faster that you need to start worrying, LOL.

o

Ooh... off to tug tips...! Or do I need a leaf-stretcher?

LOL J/K. Good one, tropic!

When I sold furniture and people would hesitate, wondering if a particular couch would fit in their house, I'd tell them not to worry, the delivery guys will just bring the room-stretcher.

Tiff, not at all goofy. I check every plant daily too. Decided I need more flowers to deadhead next year, something that actually needs daily futzing. The house plants don't always appreciate some of my efforts - prematurely removing sheaths, helping leaves unroll, micro-managing vine progress, realizing I've pinched so many leaves "to encourage new growth" that a plant is now significantly smaller... Your plant looks GREAT! No danger of ants carrying that one away!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here