Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red sister plants

Posted by bmarson 34112 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 15, 06 at 9:03

I live in Florida abd have a red sister plant that is growing to large. Can I prun it and how much can I cut off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red sister plants

Marson, do you have another name for this plant? What exactly is a red sister plant? If you don't have a name, can you post a picture..Toni

o

I think some people call Cordyline terminalis Red Sister plants. I would just cut off the top to whatever height you want to keep it at (let's say you cut a foot off) and it will get new growth and branch out from there.

Jen

o

marson;

Could you be asking about the Red Ti plant? Cordyline Terminalis?

I don't know too much about growing it where you are if that's the same plant, other than you're able to keep it outdoors all year round. I'm not positive, but think you can prune and start new plants with the cut off tops now where you live.. But please wait to hear from some of the others first, or check on the "net" to see if it's the Cordyline. Then maybe post again with the proper name. You will probably get the answers soon! :)

o

I've prune and they come back thicker- in rainyseason of course.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here