Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Add to dictionary

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 10:17

Hadn't realized how many plant words I'd added to the dictionary of previous computer until I got this new one. It seems like about every-other word is new again and I'm constantly clicking "add to dictionary." I know it's not necessary to do this, and I could turn off the spell-check, but it prevents me from checking the spelling of some words that just won't stick in my head over and over. When I'm not making up words, I like to spell them correctly.

Does this forum add a lot of words to your dictionary?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Add to dictionary

It did until my husband tried to fix something on here, now I have NO SPELL CHECK AT ALL!! And he can't figure out how to get it back on! lol I hate it too, because I can't spell!! Drives me nuts!

When I asked him about it he just said "how often do you use it?" I was laughing hystericly~~ he should know! lol

But back to your question~ yes, it gave me the option of adding a word... :)

Marjie

o

• Posted by nankeen z8b Portland OR (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 22:20

My phone autocorrects "Amorp" to "Amorphophallus", if that answers your question.

o

Since our browser crashed and had to be reinstalled a couple weeks ago, I've realized that "add to dictionary" in browser only applies to browser. Couldn't find the dictionary file to import, so thought I'd ask here if anybody knows what it's called in Firefox?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here